Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Round Fabric Covered Cork Board

I made this round fabric-covered cork board for my dorm room wall to hang notes and photos.  This is a very cute and easy project and fully customizable.


Materials:

  • Round Cork Trivet
    • I bought mine from Amazon.  It was called "Linden Sweden Jonas of Sweden Round Cork Trivet, 8-Inch."  Any size will work.
  • Enough Fabric to cover the front of the trivet size of your choice
  • Glue Gun
  • Command Strips



I laid the fabric face down on my working surface and placed the trivet down on the fabric.  I cut around the fabric so there was about an inch and a half excess around the trivet.  After heating up the glue gun, I put glue on the back of the trivet around the edge.  I then stretched the fabric and pressed it into the glue until it stuck and continued around the rest of the trivet.


I made it before moving into my freshman dorm room.  Here is a picture of my dorm room wall with the cork board hanged.  I used command strips to attach it to the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment